Thursday, September 23, 2010

Make Exploding Paste

Here in Britain there’s a TV show called Brainiac, and there’s a prank where a low explosive paste is placed on objects and a hidden camera watches an unsuspecting victim touch it.  Lulz were had.

Today I’m going to explain how to make it.  If you've watched the show then you'll already know one of the ingredients is iodine (which can be bought from a pharmacy).  The ‘secret ingredient’ is household ammonia. 

To make your paste, crush iodine into a fine powder, and add about 6 times volume of ammonia.  Stir for a while, you’ll notice small bubbles of hydrogen gas forming.  When the bubbles stop, the reaction is complete.  Allow the mixture to settle for 10 minutes, pour off the water and unreacted ammonia solution, your paste is ready.

You can store it for later use by keeping it in an airtight tub with a few drops of water.  Storing it for prolonged periods of time will slowly degrade it.

To use, paste it onto a surface and allow to dry.  Touching it will cause it to explode. 

Have fun! (And don't use too much at once, or it could seriously hurt whoever touches it (Which would probably be you))

33 comments:

  1. nice one! this could be a really awesome prank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MacGuyver would have so done this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha that would make an awesome roommates prank xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. i made that stuff last year and used it on my dorm on some doors. Loved hearing them pop.
    Cheers man :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lovin' your blog, as usual.

    http://tornadojackson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha xD after hearing what Le Coq Bleu said i wanna do it too xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry mom, voices in my head said me about put this paste on the door

    ReplyDelete
  8. saw that, for the lulz indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing mate supp bro :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. have to try it . ahhh evil professor :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol nice. I'll bookmark this page for later use!

    ReplyDelete
  12. definitely trying this, very informative blog, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is related to my interests
    +1 internetz for you sir

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Brainiac and I ALWAYS wondered what the secret ingredient was. Try it on a stapler for best results

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I'm totally going to try this on my older brother lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ehehehe, I'm not really sure would that be a good idea to gimme that paste :>

    ReplyDelete
  17. this sounds amazing. can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hehe nice wont try it though, dont wanna risk my health :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice blog man, keep it up! Following now.

    Follow me back at http://linkisnotdead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete